Effective March 5, 2018
Construction permits are not required for the following:
- Roof replacement for one- and two-family detached dwellings.
- Siding replacement for one- and two- family dwellings. Except replacement with polypropylene siding material.
- The installation of insulation: fiberglass or cellulose only. Spray foam requires permit.
- The replacement of plumbing fixtures: like for like and no piping changes.
- Installation of a burglar or security system in a one- and two- family dwelling.
- Electrical permit for the installation of a plug-in landscape irrigation system under 30 volts at a one- and two- family dwelling.
- Sheds 200 square feet or less and 10 feet or less in height, no gas, water, oil, or sewer connections. Electric permit is required if applicable.
There are other changes but they need to be evaluated on a permit-by-permit review by the sub-code officials. Division of codes and standards (DCA) is developing a guideline for these changes.