The South Orange Department of Recreation & Cultural Affairs announces the 2nd annual tennis competition in honor of Kenneth Allen Graham, a dedicated lifelong resident of South Orange and a true ambassador for the game of tennis.
The tournament will be Saturday, September 28 (Rain Date September 29) on the 'Kenny Graham Courts' in Meadowland Park adjacent to the Baird Community Center.
- Men's 45 and Over Doubles, 8:00-11:00 am/Finals 3:00-4:00 pm
- Women's 45 and Over Doubles, 8:00-11:00 am/Finals 3:00-4:00 pm
- Men's Open Doubles, 11:00 am-2:00 pm/Finals 4:00-5:00 pm
Women's Open Doubles, 11:00 am-2:00 pm/Finals 4:00-5:00 pm
- 8 teams per event (players may enter only 1 event)
- No seeds; soft placement according to rank/level selected upon registration
- 9 games per match, 1 point per game won, 3 preliminary matches and 1 final
- Trophies/medals for 1st and 2nd place winners
- Tennis balls and light refreshments provided for players and event staff
Entry fee is $40 per team. Register online HERE.
Questions regarding the tennis tournament can be directed to Tournament Directors, Juan Davies (email@example.com, 862-485-4678) OR Bob Bynum (firstname.lastname@example.org, 973-477-3368). Registration questions can be directed to the Dept. of Recreation at 973-378-7754, ext. 2.