JITNEY BUS APPLICATIONS: – click here
Applying for the first time or renewing at the beginning of the year is a two step process:
- Fill out the application
- Provide Proof of Residency: A current utility bill in your name and address.
- Photo ID: A valid driver’s license with photo and/or current recreation card
- Come to the Parking office with forms and make payment, check or cash.
- Receive receipt of payment and proceed to:
- Baird Community Center
5 Mead Street
- At Baird they will enter your information and take your photo.
- Then issue you a Jitney Pass Card.
FEES & PAYMENT OPTIONS:
12 Month Jitney Pass: $150 only available in the parking office.
(Annual Jitney passes valid from January 1st to December 31st)
$1.00 cash each way - Pay on the Bus (exact amount, drivers do not make change)
$10.00 Ten Trip Ticket Booklet available from the driver or the parking office.
Route schedules are available on the bus, in the office or on-line at southorange.org.
Schedules are subject to change by New Jersey Transit.
When New Jersey Transit experiences unavoidable train delays the jitney will wait as long as it can to meet a late train. But in order to maintain the jitney time schedules the drivers aren’t usually able to wait more than five or ten minutes
If you should leave a possession on the bus, call our office at 973.378.7715 X2037. The drivers will check their bus at the end of each shift and report any found items.