We are gearing up for this year's River Day on Sunday May 5th from 11am-3pm at the Skatehouse by the Duck Pond in South Orange off of Mead Street. If you would like to be involved contact us.
This year's event includes:
• Volunteer River Clean Up
• Environmental & Educational Exhibits
• Food & River Themed Music
• Opening Address and Blessing by Chief Vincent Mann, Turtle Clan Chief of the Ramapoo Lunaape Nation
• The Seton Hall Choir will perform in the river
• Bring your bike! Bicycle decoration station led by professional artist Denise Hayden
• Special prizes and give-aways all day long!
South Orange River Day is an annual, community gathering to clean up our section of the Rahway River and celebrate environmental education and awareness with food, fun, music, and art. It’s a family friendly way to connect with your neighbors and the environment.
Are you an educational, community, or environmental group, musician, restaurant, or other potential exhibitor interested in joining this event? Or maybe you just have a question which hasn't been answered here. Let us know.
River Day 2018
Thanks to everyone who organized, volunteered, and participated in River Day 2018. Hundreds of you pitched in to remove a dump truck full of garbage from the the South Orange section of the Rahway River. That’s a truck load of stuff that won’t be fouling our water, endangering our animals, or washing up on our beaches this summer.
Thank you all!
What To Bring
• Water proof boots, old sneakers, or footwear that you don't mind getting wet
• A Liability Release Form
• Curiosity and a sense of community
What NOT to bring
• Flip-flops, sandals or open-toed shoes • Unattended children. Parental supervision is required. Think twice about children under 4 years old in the river