Drop It In The Box
Prescription Drug Drop Box
Located in the lobby of South Orange Police Headquarters at 201 South Orange Avenue. This secure location is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Prescription drug abuse is a nationwide epidemic striking people from all walks of life. In response the South Orange Police Department and Board of Trustees have teamed up with the Essex County Alcohol & Drug Abuse Prevention Team (ADAPT) to help everyone in South Orange be a part of the solution by properly disposing of their unused medications by dropping them in the box.
Where Can I Find the Drop Box?
South Orange Police Headquarters - 201 South Orange Avenue, South Orange, NJ.
Other locations can be found on the ADAPT website - https://www.essexadapt.org/
What Do I Do?
- Leave medication in it’s original container.
- Remove your name and other identifying information.
- Leave the type/name of the medication on the container.
- Drop the medication into the disposal box.
We can only accept solid medications, such as:
- Pain Releivers
- Vicodin, Hydrocodone, Demerol, Oxycodone, Fentanyl
- Valium, Xanax, Zoloft, Prozac
- Sleep Aids
- Ambien, Lunesta, Sonata
- Behavior Modification Meds
- Ritalin, Methylphenidate, Adderal
- Cough Medicine
- With Dextromethorphan
- Over-The-Counter Medications
- Vitamins And Supplements
- Liquid Medications
- Medicated Ointments & Lotions
- Needles, Syringes, Lancets, Epi-Pen
- Bloody or Infectious Waste
- All other prescription medications
Click this link for Other Drop Box Locations
Alcohol & Drug Abuse Prevention Team (ADAPT)