Essex County has started administering booster shots for those immunocompromised individuals who are eligible.
Who Needs an Additional COVID-19 Vaccine?
Currently, CDC is recommending that moderately to severely immunocompromised people receive an additional dose. This includes people who have:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
People should talk to their healthcare provider about their medical condition, and whether getting an additional dose is appropriate for them. More information from the CDC can be found here: CDC Immunocompromised Info
Locations: There are two locations, Essex County College or Kmart in West Orange. To register visit www.essexcovid.org or call 973-877-8456.
Booster shots are for those that have received Pfizer or Moderna. You must also bring your vaccination card. The booster shot will be the same vaccine that you received already.