DEVELOP A FIRE ESCAPE PLAN
Can Your Family Survive a Fire In Your Home?
Protect your family by planning and practicing a home fire escape plan. Always know two ways out from the house and agree on a meeting place outside of your home so you will know that everyone is out safely and accounted for.
MAKE SURE YOUR SMOKE DETECTORS AND CARBON MONOXIDE ALARMS ARE WORKING
- Twice a year, when you adjust your clocks for daylight savings time:
- Change your smoke detector batteries
- Change your carbon monoxide detector batteries
- Practice your home fire escape plan
IF THERE IS A FIRE
- Do not try to fight the fire yourself
- Get out of the house and stay out. Do not try and gather any personal possessions
- CLOSE THE DOOR ON THE WAY OUT
- If smoke is present, exit as low as possible and keep your mouth covered
- CALL 911 ONCE YOU REACH A SAFE LOCATION
- REMEMBER- WORKING SMOKE DETECTORS AND CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTORS SAVE LIVES